Non-standard POS 432 on eBay right now

Use this section for your 'wanted' items or if have Organiser II things for sale.
okto

Post by okto »

There is/was an industrial LZ with the numeric-only keypad on eBay as of yesterday evening, but I can unfortunately no longer find it. Collectors, might be worth your time to do a search and see if you can locate it. I think it was located in...Algeria? Albania?

Sorry I forgot to watch it, as it's no interest to me. Hope someone nabs it.
okto

Re: Non-standard POS 432 on eBay right now

Post by okto »

Martin
Global Admin

Post by Martin »

Hi Okto
Its a late version XP, being in Algeria it might even be a multilingual version; I must say it looks very clean. There is no mention of its 'programme pack'! You would have to be a serious collector to pay £100.00 or so for it though.

Sincerely
Martin
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

I can’t see any value in the numeric keyboard models, since they have no application without replacing the ROM. I can see a use for XP and LZ models, but numeric keyboards cannot be simply swapped, so what use are they? And what is the realistic value of a useless item?
okto

Post by okto »

My guess is they were used for a dedicated industrial application that only required numeric entry, and whoever ordered them wanted them to be either foolproof enough for gorillas to use them, usable with gloves on, or both. If one is lucky, the unit would come with the Datapak that presumably has the application code on it like the POS models, but as Martin pointed out, 100USD is awfully steep for something that has only collector value.