Datapack Tool

This section for hardware reviews and Hardware developments
amenjet

Datapack Tool

Post by amenjet »

I think the post about the datapack tool that I have been working on with Martin P was lost when the previous forum disappeared, so I thought I'd
put another one here. It is and probably always will be a work in progress. Very much a developer tool. For instance I used it today to investigate the 256K RAM pack that I had failed to make, and fix it. To do this I added some commands that helped in that particular situation.

This tool can read and write linear and paged datapacks and hopefully will manage segmented packs as well in the future. It can use OPK files as images both for reading and writing. It can read and write Psion 1 packs too, as it doesn't care too much about the content of the pack and the header.

You can interact with it on a small OLED screen or USB, or a combination of the two. You can see here
IMAG3367_s1.jpg
that it is based on a Raspberry Pi Pico and it also has an integrated 21V supply for programming EPROM based packs. There is a one wire mod needed on this PCB revision. There's an SD card for image storage and you can pop that in a PC to transfer images to and from the tool.

Details here:

https://github.com/blackjetrock/psion-org-datapack-tool

Andrew
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.