Updating Back it Up by Widget software

Many of these are still available on line, add your comments, reviews, observations and suggestions for each in this section
1333david

Updating Back it Up by Widget software

Post by 1333david »

Hi, I was looking to try out Back it Up by Widget software as a backup solution for my 2 line organiser. It looks pretty good but I soon realised it falls foul of the Y2K bug by using the year variable to create a date reference used by the Psion and the PC to identify the backup. Using Jaap's reverse translator on the files MBACK and MBACKUP it looks like a simple fix to add 84 to the variable which uses "year" (as described in Jaap's Y2000fix).
My problem is, once the program is reverse translated to Opl., It will not translate back to OB3 even before I've made any changes.
The offending line returning a syntax error is L7%=ADDR(L24%(1))
The variable L24%(1) is declared as $1068
I understand there are some limitations of Revtran but I just wondered if anyone had a suggestion as it would be nice to be able to use this software in conjunction with the Y2000FIX on a Psion XP.
Kind Regards,
David
PS I'm on holiday for a few days, but I know this is going to be on my mind while I'm away!
1333david

Re: Updating Back it Up by Widget software

Post by 1333david »

Silly me. I’ve solved it after reading the syntax for the addr command - it does not accept the subscript variables. I changed L24%(1) to another% variable and it now compiles fine. Adding 84 to the date works well too.
Martin
Global Admin

REVTRAN

Post by Martin »

For others watching... Working with SplitOPK.EXE to 'unmake' a prorgam pack and REVTRAN.EXE to convert the OB3's to OPL's is interesting for those looking to program in OPL. May I offer a couple of thoughts...

(1) Use the latest versions of Jaap's splitOPK.EXE and REVTRAN.EXE as he did some bug fixes on te latest version. DevPACK.ZIP has them, I'm not sure about the earlier DevKIT.EXE

(2) CM/XP users must remember to use the -x flag when OPLTRANslating the OPL's or the two line machines wll not recognise the resulting OB3's.

Martin