SDRP Electronic Field Book For sale (edited)

Use this section for your 'wanted' items or if have Organiser II things for sale.
PaulK

SDRP Electronic Field Book For sale (edited)

Post by PaulK »

Edit 2 - price reduced to £40.
Cheers :-)

---------

Edit - reduced from £50 to £45 since I've reduced the price on EBay. Thanks :-)

---------

Hi,

I was recently kindly gifted a SDRP Electronic Field Book, having looked at it on EBay and mentioning how interesting it looked. I hadn't seen one before.

Unfortunately I don't really have a use for it, and have been given permission by my son who purchased it for me, to sell it on! I will be using the cash from its sale to purchase other Psion bits and bobs of course ;-)

Thought I'd list here first, as I'd rather it go to hardcore Psion fans, before I put it on EBay.

Was looking for £45 + P&P, which I believe is a little cheaper than it was purchased for, but I'm not looking to make on this, given it was a present in the first place!

Anyway, let me know if anyone is interested.

It's a cool little machine, but I just won't use it and don't have the space to collect any more old hardware!

Many thanks
Paul :-)

IMG_0984.jpeg
IMG_0987.jpeg
IMG_0988.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by PaulK on Fri Dec 01, 2023 8:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
amenjet

Re: SDRP Electronic Field Book For sale

Post by amenjet »

I found a bit of information about it here:

https://archive.org/details/NH2021_Popu ... 4/mode/1up

Looks like it can be a standard XP. I'm not sure what the 'reinforcement of the solid casting' is, though, might be worth a look inside?
Martin
Global Admin

SDRP Electronic Field Book For sale

Post by Martin »

Well spotted @Andrew, that looks like an original article that was reworked for the Psion News 3 (Winter 1988) (here)..

@Paul... The article metioned that it can be used as a standard Organiser! With that in mind when you switch it ON without any datapak's in either slot do you get a 'PACK' or 'TRAP' messaage or does it boot to a standard FIND SAVE DIARY menu? If if boots standard then PEEKB(-24) in the calculator will tell if it is (1) a 16K XP or (2) a 32K LA - If (20) that would be an interesting 96K version.

I don't need it but I do appreciate you using the Forum Shop to give members a fighting chance.

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

It is possible to put a standard ROM on these custom XP machines and get the normal XP code running. Well, I've done it on a P250, I think it was one of those, and it's now an XP.
PaulK

Post by PaulK »

Hi,

Thanks for all the information!

The machine boots up as a normal XP, the the PEEKB command outputs a "2"

Hope this helps.

Many thanks
IMG_1004.jpeg
IMG_1005.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin
Global Admin

SDRP in Jape

Post by Martin »

That's it Paul a standard 32K XP (LA) with a special keyboard that will only make sense with the datapak inserted and the software running... Do you have the datapak? Even better do you have the user manual? Everyone knows I like a good manual.

Martin

Jaap has a copy of version 1.05 of the OPK image. But it has some sort of protection and wont run in Jape.
SDRP_Booted.png
SDRP_Starting.png
SDRP_Stopped.png
SDRP CM/XP Datacom Group Ltd. Ver 01.05 64K
Software used for land surveying. The SDRP Electronic Fieldbook was a standard XP/LA with different (but equivalent) keyboard markings, and a belt hook on the back.
PaulK

Re: SDRP Electronic Field Book For sale (edited)

Post by PaulK »

Reduced price to £40 if anyone interested.

Cheers
Paul
PaulK

Post by PaulK »

Reduced to £30 if anyone is interested.

Many thanks

Zzoom

Post by Zzoom »

So been having a play with this and managed to get past the bad checksum :P if anybody is interested at looking at the pack
Martin
Global Admin

Post by Martin »

Zzoom... Yes please always interested in having a look.. You never know what you'll pick up..

How did you get past the 'bad checksum' = I have a similar issue trying the SDRP Land surveying pack!

Sincerely
Martin