Found it in my sock drawer.

Reserved for announcements of general interest, news, etc...
Glodav

Found it in my sock drawer.

Post by Glodav »

Hi, I'm Dave, and as the post name suggests I was rummaging for a pair of matching socks and found my Psion Organiser II Model CM at the bottom of the drawer, unused and not looked at since 2000! Fortunately I had taken the battery out before carefully storing it away. Bought in about 1989 here in New Zealand, and was my first personal computer. I wrote my first computer program in 1972 (on a mainframe), so it was bought mainly for programming fun. Y2K was part of the reason for abandoning it, but by then I was programming in Delphi/Pascal on my PC too.
Anyway fresh battery, set date to -28 years, or -112 years to 1911, and it works fine. Slight glitch in the LCD, and I need to clear a couple of datapaks of old programs to have some room again. Looking forward to finding out what others are doing with theirs.
Martin
Global Admin

Sharing

Post by Martin »

Hi Dave

Welcome... If you come across anything interesting on those datapaks you might want to share it in the 'snippets' section.

Sincerely
Martin
Glodav

Re: Found it in my sock drawer.

Post by Glodav »

Had a look at a few files, not sure if I actually wrote some of them, lovely little desk top clock called Qdesk, looks too good for my work, and I only have the object file. I would need a COMMS LINK , which I don't have yet.
Martin
Global Admin

Re: Found it in my sock drawer.

Post by Martin »

Yes not having a Comms Link is unfortunate.. You'll see members here making their own, I don't have the electronics knowledge or soldering skills for all that but if you do I'm sure they would point you in the right direction.

The QDESK sound intriguing. Of course if you could get a copy of the pack image OPK onto a PC then Jaap's tools will help deconstruct it.

Information for other watching these utilities are in DevPACK.ZIP
SPLITOPK.EXE Splits a pack image OPK into it constituent parts.
SPLIT.EXE Splits the program OB3 file into source/object parts.
REVTRAN.EXE Reverse translator for OB3 files into OPL source code. (Be sure to use version 2.0 or later)

You are currently our only member from down under. The previous forum had a member from Oz he was also a HamLog using Radio Ham.

Anyway, again it is nice to 'see' you on the Forum
Sincerely
Martin