BIG Psion Org 2 bundle

Use this section for your 'wanted' items or if have Organiser II things for sale.
PaulK

BIG Psion Org 2 bundle

Post by PaulK »

Hi,

Just thought I'd flag a Psion Org 2 bundle I've seen on Ebay!

Item number: 235183796722

Some goodies in there :-)

Cheers,

Paul.
Martin
Global Admin

BIG Psion Org 2 bundle

Post by Martin »

Hi Paul

Thanks for this.... are you one of the bidders?

Martin
PaulK

Re: BIG Psion Org 2 bundle

Post by PaulK »

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately not!

Not got the spare cash for vintage computer stuff at the moment - the RO cases are tempting but I can't justify a big outlay right now.

One day! 😁

Cheers
Paul.
WallyEmm

Post by WallyEmm »

Note... the Ebay item number shown in the original post is for Ebay UK and won't be found in an Ebay US search. There is a disclaimer that it may not ship to the US so contacting the seller would be necessary for shipping information.

I'm not bidding, I was looking out of curiosity.
Wally
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

I’m fairly intent on buying this lot. Although I already have some RO2 cases in working order, some of them need the Comms Rom modifying because the Comms menu does not appear. They were presumably meant for dedicated software connection to surveying total stations.
My intention is to check them out then sell them individually. I have some available at the moment if anyone is looking for one, and I will post worldwide.
Martin
Global Admin

Post by Martin »

WallyEmm wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 6:14 am There is a disclaimer that it may not ship to the US so contacting the seller would be necessary for shipping information.

Wally
Hi wally and other overseas members watching..

In the past for a fellow PSION enthusiast that was interested in eBay items that the sellers declared 'no overseas shipping'. They undertook the 'bidding' and payments and then got the seller to send them to me. I checked them over, completed the customs declarations and posted them (NY-USA).

Sincerely and in good faith
Martin
Martin
Global Admin

BIG Psion Org 2 bundle

Post by Martin »

thesourcerer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 8:05 am I’m fairly intent on buying this lot.
Did you manage to get it Peter?

If you did I could help with inspecting the Datapaks if you want!

Martin
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

I did, by the skin of my teeth with a last second bid. I thought I was sitting pretty having a bid £30+ above the previous bid. I suddenly got an unnerving feeling about a minute before the end of the auction that I was going to be outbid. 10 seconds before the end it happened, but I had decided to up my bid and managed to get it in 2 seconds before the end!
A close shave.
I think I know what some of the datapacks are, since one of the XP’s has Road Engineering written on a label, so it will be NSS software although probably an early version on a 128k pack, not the later LZ version which was on a 256k pack, however I will find out in a couple of days. All the packs will be for sale (32k Rampacks will be updated to replaceable batteries), as will the RO2 cases once I’ve checked them out, and the formatter.
okto

Post by okto »

Are the RO2 cases environmentally sealed?

I've found that info on a lot of period accessories for both the Psion and the Cambridge Z88 are absolute hen's teeth to find information about, most especially environmental cases.
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

The RO cases are environmentally sealed. There is some info on page 3 of Psion Newsletter No.8, and on page 44 of the 1990 user catalogue. There are several versions of the external connectors, but notably the miniature IP64 rated 8 pin connector which is fairly common is water spray protected (and dust proof), hence the normal connector for surveying.