eBay

Use this section for your 'wanted' items or if have Organiser II things for sale.
thesourcerer

eBay

Post by thesourcerer »

I’ve just had a negative feedback from a buyer on eBay. The buyer bought a cheap (£4) software datapack and the delivery address was his home address. The same day,, a little later, he bought a leather case which was listed at £12 but I let him have it for £10. The delivery address was for collection at his local Argos store. The datapack was listed as 1st class delivery, and the leather case was 1st class signed. It occurred to me that because one had to be signed for and he had to go to Argos and collect it, he probably wasn’t at home during the day to sign for it. Since he had to go to Argos to collect it, it made sense to send them both to Argos. I asked him if that was OK, and he agreed and asked me to post them both to Argos. I posted them the same day and they arrived within 24hrs. The leather case was as new, and the datapack was good, he had no complaints about the quality of the items, but I started getting emails from him asking where the datapack was, because it stated on eBay that it had been delivered, but it wasn’t at his house. I asked him if he had gone to Argos. The emails became more and more derogatory, and he complained that i had wasted his time ( but he hadn’t gone to Argos!). Later on he did go to Argos and collected
the items. That was when the abuse got worse. He got what he wanted in perfect condition
and in record time, but he went ballistic that they were in one packet and not two! Have a look at my feedback..... well I suppose it stands out like a sore thumb, there is always one in 4000+!
Lepowerfulpierre (on eBay)
thesourcerer

Re: eBay

Post by thesourcerer »

His logic was that if one of them got lost he would be out of pocket but would not lose everything if he had them posted to different addresses! He wouldn’t have lost anything because eBay would have refunded him for non delivery.
My suspicion is that since the datapack was being posted without being signed for, he would have claimed that he didn’t receive it and would have reported it to eBay, got a refund for it (i.e. got if for free), and would have left negative feedback anyway.
Incidentally the postage figures he quotes in his feedback are incorrect, it cost £3.45 in postage + 50p for the padded envelope. It also ensured that the datapack was delivered securely and I was covered for it by the post office.
Beware of any buyer from CB6 1NA....!!!
Martin
Global Admin

eBay Store

Post by Martin »

Hi Peter...

That's a problem with the internet people say things they wouldn't say face to face.. It's all over facebook... I know that after hundreds of positive comments for your eBay store one negative one will play with your mind. I'm going to say "put it behind you and let it go"! But I also know you wont/can't.

Try not to let it effect the way you operate 'the store' you have hundreds of satisfied 'repeat' customers..

Sincerely, in good faith and an extremely satisfied customer
Martin

PS.. You are not alone with chancers on eBay... I get many seeing the £1.50 programme packs and without reading the description that explains it is FOC software only so they need to send a datapak... They click but it now thinking they are going to get cheap datapaks.
SYHD1200

Post by SYHD1200 »

Peter, the sourcerer, is 100% genuine and I have had many successful transactions with him on his Ebay shop. He has also been generous to me with his help. Put this to the back of your mind, Peter, we all know the truth.

Steve
Zenerdiode

Post by Zenerdiode »

It makes me feel compelled to write something. In one of Jordan Peterson’s lectures he described how when eBay first launched, there were ‘brokers’ setting up because it was thought there would be buyers who weren’t good for the money - and sellers that wouldn’t send goods. The brokers soon disappeared because people were by and large honest.

…but you always get an exception.

I speak as I find and the folks here in our little community have gone above and beyond to help me. From Martin offering to lend stuff to me, to Peter shoving an ad hoc extra item in a parcel and trusting me to pay later.

I don’t have any experience selling on eBay, but I think you can respond to (negative) feedback?
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Lostgallifreyan

Post by Lostgallifreyan »

Post deleted. Irrelevant.
Last edited by Lostgallifreyan on Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

Classic response by eBay. There were two identical negative comments from the buyer. eBay have removed one saying it contradicted their policy, but would not remove the other because it did not contravene any of their rules!!! Que?