KB$BREK causing trap

Use this section to showcase your programming examples. Or to ask members for programming suggestions
amenjet

Re: KB$BREK causing trap

Post by amenjet »

Interesting. I also have a MPF with a VFD. Is the tube broken? Or is it the electronics? The electronics is probably fixable.

Andrew
Bumblemittens

Post by Bumblemittens »

amenjet wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:07 am Interesting. I also have a MPF with a VFD. Is the tube broken? Or is it the electronics? The electronics is probably fixable.

Andrew
I'm not completely convinced it's the vfd, though the tube was getting the correct voltages, something in the inverter is suspect too, the processor board itself works, just no display, for the moment it's just shelved until I get time
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

Bumblemittens wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:20 pm
amenjet wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 11:07 am Interesting. I also have a MPF with a VFD. Is the tube broken? Or is it the electronics? The electronics is probably fixable.

Andrew
I'm not completely convinced it's the vfd, though the tube was getting the correct voltages, something in the inverter is suspect too, the processor board itself works, just no display, for the moment it's just shelved until I get time
I exchanged emails with the managing director of Flite Electronics a while back (he actually sent me some bits and bobs he had), and he mentioned that the high voltage supply for the VFD used to fail, so I suspect it's that. I think the schematic is available so it should be fixable, maybe with a replacement supply.

Andrew
Bumblemittens

Post by Bumblemittens »

amenjet wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:42 pm
Bumblemittens wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:20 pm

Andrew
I exchanged emails with the managing director of Flite Electronics a while back (he actually sent me some bits and bobs he had), and he mentioned that the high voltage supply for the VFD used to fail, so I suspect it's that. I think the schematic is available so it should be fixable, maybe with a replacement supply.

Andrew
Sounds good, for now it's a time Vs effort thing holding me back, woul like to get it working at some point though, if I can dump some pictures I'll post a pic of the vfd, too much on the go right now, need to Finnish some of the ongoing projects I have already, then this organiser came along and I got sidetracked yet again, in fact rummaging through some boxes I found a 40pin dip hd6303, static rams, sp-0256, and adc and loads of 80c39's, why so mpu's no clue, just can't bring myself to throw anything away

Shaun