Sup :D

Reserved for announcements of general interest, news, etc...
jarrydn

Sup :D

Post by jarrydn »

Sorry all - a bit late on the reintroduction. Thanks to Martin for sending the word out about the new forum :)

To recap real quick - Hi, I'm Jarryd, and I was a toddler when the LZ64 was first released. But, as with many other older millennial IT workers, I grew up with 8 and 16-bit computers so the architecture and conventions of these devices are familiar enough.

Unlike most passingly normal people in my peer group I never properly moved on. My friends will share their excitement at the new GPU or network switch they just picked up while I'm still trying to figure out how to explain why a 68k rotating a few cubes and playing the most obnoxious rave music you've ever heard is actually totally f*cking mindblowing.

I've got a small collection of Organiser IIs with my "daily driver" being a nice LZ64 I obtained from PaulK (thanks mate!) in a previous incarnation of this forum. I have plans to write a single-channel music tracker, but they're parked for the time being as I finish renovating my den/workspace (it has also been referred to as a 'hobby lobby' and I hate that it's sticking, lol)

I'm looking forward to setting up a dev environment and sharing the results of my experiments :)

Cheers,
Jarryd