Hello everyone!

Reserved for announcements of general interest, news, etc...
EwenM

Hello everyone!

Post by EwenM »

I’m surprised it’s taken me so long to find this forum.

My name is Ewen. I’m from Fife in Scotland and happily retired. I first started using a Psion Organiser in the late 1980s. I still have the original one but it no longer works. Over the years I’ve had several XP models before acquiring the LZ64 that I mainly use. In the 1990s I moved on to the series 3a and 3c models before being seduced by the dark side of an HP200lx which I went on to use right up to the day I retired in 2019.

I’m now using my Psion collection purely for recreational nostalgia and by way of a hobby interest.
amenjet

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by amenjet »

Hello!

I'm pretty amazed that you have a non-functional unit. That is quite a rarity. Do you have any idea what is wrong with it?

Andrew
EwenM

Post by EwenM »

Hi Andrew, it still powers up. However it makes a constant ticking beeping noise and last time I tried it it also couldn’t find anything held in either of its two data pack slots despite there being a pack present with data files on it. It’s a shame really as cosmetically it’s like new. I’ve read that the noise is likely to be down to one or more capacitors that need replacing.
amenjet

Post by amenjet »

Yes, that sort of noise is probably capacitors. It could be that they are so bad that some voltage rails are not what they should be. If you replace the capacitors it may all spring back into life.

Andrew