The HamLog Utility

Many of these are still available on line, add your comments, reviews, observations and suggestions for each in this section
Martin
Global Admin

The HamLog Utility

Post by Martin »

This thread is created to give Organiser II LZ Amatuer Radio Enthusiats a 'place' to share their experiences and ask questions.

The Operating Instructions, information relating to SOTA Activators and other user material is available (here).

Share your Call Signs and other contact information
Hawes Gary - Call signs - 2E0HGP, M7GPH, 2E0HGP (HamLog Concept)
Martin Yves - Call sign - VE2YMM
Don S - Call sign - 2E0DSS
Rennie C - Call sign - M0OLO - on QRZ.COM:
Nixon F - Call sign - M0YYO
Peter R - Call sign -
Ralph K - Call sign - 2E0CXO
Gary E - Call sign -
Michael E - Call sign -
Ross M - Call sign -
Bridge J - Call sign -
Gauld K - Call sign
Carlos A - Call sign - M6-RXU
Jenkins L - Call sign -
Ragucos A - Call sign -
Brink Jan - Call Sign - PA4J
Martin
Global Admin

Amateur Radio Log Database

Post by Martin »

Our powerful Pierre the sourcerer picked up some Organiser Stuff from a house clearance and on one of the datapaks is a Ham Radio Logging Database with around 580 entries which he forwarded to me to have a look at. I'm not sure what the protocol is about publishing Call Sign information without permission so I will not publish anything here but the attached ODB is a copy of the database that Ham enthusiasts might want to examine.
B_MAIN.ODB
I've had a look and in the 500 plus records and none of the call signs in the above post are included but there are
2 Gary's
9 Dom's
8 Chris's
9 Peter's (and 8 Pete's)
only 1 Kieth but not 2E0CXO
there are no Michael's but 1 Mic, 2 Mick's and 13 Mike's
and 4 Ken's
Sorry Fran there are none.

Interested to know what you think...
Martin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carlos

Re: The HamLog Utility

Post by Carlos »

You can add mine-
Carl - M6 RXU

Hawsey

Re: Amateur Radio Log Database

Post by Hawsey »

Martin wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:40 pm Our powerful Pierre the sourcerer picked up some Organiser Stuff from a house clearance and on one of the datapaks is a Ham Radio Logging Database with around 580 entries which he forwarded to me to have a look at. I'm not sure what the protocol is about publishing Call Sign information without permission so I will not publish anything here but the attached ODB is a copy of the database that Ham enthusiasts might want to examine.
B_MAIN.ODB
I've had a look and in the 500 plus records and none of the call signs in the above post are included but there are
2 Gary's
9 Dom's
8 Chris's
9 Peter's (and 8 Pete's)
only 1 Kieth but not 2E0CXO
there are no Michael's but 1 Mic, 2 Mick's and 13 Mike's
and 4 Ken's
Sorry Fran there are none.

Interested to know what you think...
Martin
Very nice find @martin
A couple of things , is this logging program now preserved ? Martin , I'd like to look at the program if possible as this proves my thoughts that Radio programs must have been produced in the past , also what do you think of it ? Any ideas what year it comes from ? Also I'm pretty sure callsigns are ok to publish and depending on how long ago the contacts were logged , then they will be of interest in the Amatuer radio community .
Martin
Global Admin

The Ham database logging software

Post by Martin »

Hi Gary..

There is only one date stamp (DJ8SW - WERNER ANT TEST 15 MAY) but no reference to any year!

There is no 'logging software' with the datapak. It doesn't look like there ever was as the data was held on a datapak in the MAIN database and the way it is 'formatted' makes me think it was a two line machine. Towards the end of the Ham Logging data it starts to become 'corrupted' with other (what looks like) purchasing data. On the 2 line machines you need OPL to create 'specific' databases so the Ham data could be held separately, this is another reason I think there was no 'programme'.

Sincerely
Martin
Hawsey

Post by Hawsey »

Hi Martin , many thanks, I misunderstood.

DJ8SW became Silent Key last year which means his is now no longer alive , he joined a page to log contacts in 2012 called Qrz.com but he didn't seem to use it as it was only updated once that year .
He was reported as SK silent key in 2022 on that page .
Zenerdiode

Post by Zenerdiode »

Martin wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:16 pm …and ask questions.
I’m not a ‘Ham’ - but read a little about it. Do all you guys just do voice, or text and data too?

Has anyone managed to make contact with the ISS? I believe they have some Ham equipment on there. :)
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Yves
Global Admin

Post by Yves »

This is mine too :
Yves - VE2YMM
Yves MARTIN
YMartin@CanaMail.com
YMartin.com
Hawsey

Post by Hawsey »

Zenerdiode wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:52 pm
Martin wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 2:16 pm …and ask questions.
I’m not a ‘Ham’ - but read a little about it. Do all you guys just do voice, or text and data too?

Has anyone managed to make contact with the ISS? I believe they have some Ham equipment on there. :)
Hi , Amatuer radio is a massive and far reaching hobby , some prefer voice , FM , USB ,LSB , etc others just use data modes which can be just logging the contact FT8 or various other data modes including Psk31 , rtty Ax25 , there is a long list , also digital voice over the internet but sometimes using repeaters or hotspots , DMR , C4FM, DSTAR , Svxlink DV voice .
There are also exclusive CW Morse code people some that never use voice, always dits and dahs which is the purest digital mode ( so they say )
Talk with the ISS is definitely possible , and easier to listen to , I've heard astronauts talking with school kids telling them about what happenes in space and about missing their families etc , of course you can just hear the astronaut and not the kids side of the conversation unless they are really close by .
A recent development is also GreenCube Satellite used by Amateurs as well as others .
With an SDR stick you can turn any old PC in to a sophisticated radio receiver which is also popular.
It's a fascinating hobby which soon sucks you in to it .
I've been licenced since just before COVID and have my Foundation and Intermediate tickets and studying for my full license. Most countries have different exams and also some frequencies are different as well so you look at your own countries Band Plan before you transmit .
Great hobby for anybody thinking about it 😉
Lostgallifreyan

Post by Lostgallifreyan »

Hawsey wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:35 pm Hi , Amatuer radio is a massive and far reaching hobby , some prefer voice , FM , USB ,LSB , etc others just use data modes...
Hi, a question: When trying to get an Icom PCR-1000 to listen to the the French radio time signal, it couldn't, and no trickery with it would induce anything like a useful pulse.

It's a phase modulated signal, one degree of phase offset or some small amount. The frequency is said to be extremely accurate. If I used a PLL with some kind of lag in locking to a new phase, I assumed it might decode that signal without a need for a reference frequency, so each time it changed phase, there's be a moment where the difference caused some usable signal pulse as output. Would this work? Or is the whole deal a lot more complex than that?