Demo Pak

Many of these are still available on line, add your comments, reviews, observations and suggestions for each in this section
Zenerdiode

Demo Pak

Post by Zenerdiode »

I first saw a Demo Pak in operation on a display model LZ at my local Dixon’s in the early 90s. The ‘animation’ gave me a lot of inspiration in my own programs.

A word to the wise, though, the demo re-vectors Switch-Off to Cold-Boot the machine at next switch on. Found that out when I’ve just tried the Pak, but luckily I back up my machine with ORG-Link before I start fiddling.

This must have been done so if the ‘yoof’ had rendered it useless or filled it full of ‘industrial language’ it would be all clean again at the next switch-on. (Thinking back, I may have been one of them youths… :lol: )
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Zenerdiode

Re: Demo Pak

Post by Zenerdiode »

In my browsing over the last few months I *think* I came across a Dixon’s specific Demo Pack. I can’t find it again; and my iPad has been wiped since then so web history is out too.

Does anyone know what I mean, and/or have a copy?
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Martin
Global Admin

Demo Pack - Jaap has a copy

Post by Martin »

Hi Chris

Jaap has a copy of a demo pack image (here). I don't know if this is the one you saw in Dixon's but you can try it in Jape and see. If you need help making it into a pack let me know and we'll work something out.

Sincerely Martin