Transform OBASE

Many of these are still available on line, add your comments, reviews, observations and suggestions for each in this section
Zenerdiode

Transform OBASE

Post by Zenerdiode »

In a recent Organiser ‘bundle’ I purchased, there was a Pack as shown below. I remember Transform were a legitimate PSION aftermarket company. I’ve had a look on Jaap’s site, I think the .opk is there but I can’t find a manual.

Does anyone know how to drive it?

A58494D1-1D7C-4E45-BF9A-710819E7985A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Martin
Global Admin

OBASE

Post by Martin »

Chris...

Not me unfortunately.. You'll see (here) that I salvaged a lot of Manuals and Books from the waybackmachine archive of Dave Woolnoughs PSION2.org web-site and those manuals that were not salvageable I spent my lockdown re-publishing them... BUT not Transform's OBASE. SO if anyone has a copy I'll willingly pay the postage both ways to be able to copy it and bring the collection more up to date.

Transform! They were big with the Sinclair QL... I still have an unopened Transform storage box full of NOS microdrive cartridges somewhere.

Sincerely
Martin

Other manuals missing from the collection..
Mick Andon's - Games Pack
HB Consultants - HB Games Pack
Willow Enterprises - Personal Finance II
Lostgallifreyan

Re: Transform OBASE

Post by Lostgallifreyan »

I remember seeing the QL when it was well beyond any price I could have paid. I never summoned the nerve to steal it, unfortunately. If there is no OBASE on Jaap's site, then this WILL be a way to get him to respond. :) A new addition to his collection might well be irresistable. What does it do?

EDIT: I did just find this: https://www.jaapsch.net/psion/pdffiles/transform.pdf
Martin
Global Admin

Transform OBASE

Post by Martin »

Well found... I couldn't resist... I've read it and then I tried OBASE in Jape. The brochure you found suggests there are 7 (or 13) field types used, the first few are easy to figure out but without the manual to explain how to set up the bar code and credit card scanner it gets more difficult.

As for Jaaps website he has the OBASE program image on his pack image page... It is the illusive manual that is missing... and the web-site change log has not been updated since May 2021. I think he is concentrating on his mechanical calculators... he is posting 2 or 3 YouTube videos a month.

Sincerely
Martin
Zenerdiode

Re: Transform OBASE

Post by Zenerdiode »

Martin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:55 pm I think he is concentrating on his mechanical calculators... he is posting 2 or 3 YouTube videos a month.
Well that’s good to hear, especially after the pandemic - I worried.

I’ve got a couple of devices that he may have been interested in the ROMs. My LZ64 has the early 4.2 with the famous ‘The Hage’ in the World Clock. I know the LZ 4.2 ROM is up, but don’t know if the LZ64 ROM is different. I also have a CM with German base language.

Did I see a program somewhere that rips the ROM from the device?
Christopher. - Check out my TRAP message, it’s not difficult to decode and is sometimes uttered under the breath when said message appears… :|
Martin
Global Admin

Romsend

Post by Martin »

"Did I see a program somewhere that rips the ROM from the device?"

Chris

Check out Romsend in Jaap's Games & Programs page..

Martin