Psion Copier on ebay

This section for hardware reviews and Hardware developments
amenjet

Psion Copier on ebay

Post by amenjet »

Someone might be interested in this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285840774543 ... R_CPt8boYw

It looks like it doesn't work, and the price is a bit high for me, but they don't appear very often.
Zzoom

Re: Psion Copier on ebay

Post by Zzoom »

Looks like it sold for £102 ..
Here is a picture of one (or something very similar) in use at the Greenford factory I think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Martin
Global Admin

Organiser II related images

Post by Martin »

That's fantastic Nigel... More of the same please.. I could set up an 'image gallery' thread if you do have more of the same..

Did you notice how the photographer set-up an Organiser leaning on the lamp!

Sincerely
Martin
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

I bought it, even though it was obvious from the photo that it wasn’t functional. The organiser had no means of connecting to the copier. It had to be modified to allow a connection to the screen contrast button on the copier, and the power and Comms ribbon cable with the copier is missing. When I got it, I found that one of the toroidal transformers was unfortunately completely disintegrated. Although Abel Lindberg have it listed on their products website, they say it is obsolete and no longer available as the factory that produced them closed down.
However I am optimistic about restoring it with a little help from Andrew and another friend. It will have to have a substitute transformer which is a shame, it would have been nice to have it completely original.
The other thing that was missing was the operating program datapack, but fortunately since I have a spare original (and can copy it anyway using one of my other Mark III copiers), it is not an issue.
I think it was cheap, especially since it was free postage, and an XP and Concise Spell Checker worth £20 as well.
I can’t see the original price, but it was a lot of money in the 80’s!
Incidentally the photo of Greenford was in the 10 year commemorative issue (issue 11) of Psion News, 1990.
Martin
Global Admin

Psion News Magazine

Post by Martin »

Peter... Have you got a photograhic memory knowing the photo was in the Psion News or did you look it up?

For others watching Jaap has a full set of the Psion News Magazines in his Other Documents Section (here)

Sincerely
Martin
thesourcerer

Post by thesourcerer »

I used to have a good memory, but nowadays I can’t remember what I was doing two days ago! No, I had recently been looking for reference in Psion news (of course I can’t remember what I was looking for), and saw the photo as I was searching through them.