Replaced The 9v Battery But?

Be clear with the topic titles to help members find the answers
phil8715

Replaced The 9v Battery But?

Post by phil8715 »

I've just replaced the 9v battery on my Psion Organiser II.

However when I switched on my Psion Organiser II the screen displayed the Psion screen then it says datapacks? Then it powers off.

I do have 2 datapacks in the device.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Martin
Global Admin

Point of Sales Organiser?

Post by Martin »

Hi Phil

Sounds like you have a POS machine - which is not a problem as we can 'patch' it up into a standard consumer model...

1st see if you can identify (here) what machine you have and then we'll see if you need a software patch..

Post here what you find..

Sincerely
Martin

PS If it worked before then you may have the patch on one of the datapaks you have there. Try putting each of them in turn into SLOT B: (top slot on on the back) and see if it boots from there. If it works you can remove the 'patch' datapak until next time you change the battery.

Switch OFF insert pack switch ON... if the pack has the patch it will 'boot' automatically
phil8715

Re: Point of Sales Organiser?

Post by phil8715 »

Martin wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:44 pm Hi Phil

Sounds like you have a POS machine - which is not a problem as we can 'patch' it up into a standard consumer model...

1st see if you can identify (here) what machine you have and then we'll see if you need a software patch..

Post here what you find..

Sincerely
Martin

PS If it worked before then you may have the patch on one of the datapaks you have there. Try putting each of them in turn into SLOT B: (top slot on on the back) and see if it boots from there. If it works you can remove the 'patch' datapak until next time you change the battery.

Switch OFF insert pack switch ON... if the pack has the patch it will 'boot' automatically
Hi Martin,

It's an LZ 464 which you currently indentifed as a POS version.
Martin
Global Admin

POS2LZ64

Post by Martin »

Hi...

You need the patch POS2LZ64.. It may be on one of your datapaks or Peter a member here has them in his ebay store or if you have a spare 8K or larger datapak you could send it to me and I'll make a 'patch' datapak for you.

Sincerely
Martin
phil8715

Re: Replaced The 9v Battery But?

Post by phil8715 »

Hi Martin,

I've put in the boot p464 datapack, switched it on and it works. Able to set the date and time.

Thank you for your help.